

It's here, summer time, and the temperatures are in the 100's, now. Woo hoo. We got Lily a little plastic kiddie pool with a tiny slide and she likes it a lot. Jared put up misters on the back porch, and so far it's been reasonable to go outside for little bits at a time and play in our new, luxurious back yard.


Our friends Julieanne and Tyrus and family came to visit from Newport Beach for Memorial day, and luckily there was a brief cold spell so that we could actually go outside. We had tons of fun, their little girl, Kylee, is 2 1/2 so she and Lily played from the second they woke up until they were torn apart at night. They were so funny together, they played blocks, ran around, colored, dressed up, it was great. The adults sat around, played Settlers of Catan (nerd-alert!), and played with the babies (they have a baby boy, too). It was really great, we also went to Cafe Rio twice in the three days they were here, which was fine with me because I had been going through withdrawls.

Kylee was potty training while she was here and it got me

started on the possibility of trying to get Lily potty trained. I've been kind of in denial that it might be time to do it for real because I'm nervous and I don't know what to do! I've done some reading and what not, and I think that she is showing the signs that she's ready. We went to the store and got her some new little undies, which she's very excited about. I figure I'll just take it really easy, no pressure and we will see how it goes.


We were so happy to have them here for the short time they were, and glad to have such perfect weather too. We hope to make it out to California sometime this summer, maybe around the peak of the heat when we can't take it anymore.
3 comments:
Potty training! Good times! We're just getting started with Jack. It's that whole appealing idea of having kids out of diapers for at least a little while! Good luck!
I love the blog! We had such a fun time visiting with you! Kylie had a blast with Lily too!
What about pictures of the luxurious yard?
Post a Comment