This week we have been keeping busy with
house stuff again. I had a sudden realization that there really is a baby coming to our house, and we better get Lily's room done so the baby can have somewhere to go. Jared painted Lily's room, it's called Key Lime. Ever since Lily has been very interested in what color things are. She heard Jared tell someone it was kind of an apple green, so when you ask her what color it is, she says "Apple". When she says "color" it sound a lot like "grape", which is weird. She's really gotten "blue" down and will tell you when something is blue and sometimes will remember green. She got a lot of art supplies for Christmas; markers, finger paints, bathtub crayons, etc. and has been spending a lot of time with those. Also, a side note, she has figured out boy and girl and will say boy or girl about everyone in books and stuff. It's cute.
We've finished her room now, I really like it. It's green and pink. We put
Lily's crib in there for now. We tried moving up to the big girl bed, but she seemed scared and said in her own way that she wanted the crib. I'm hoping to try the new bed in a few days again, maybe she just needed to get used to it. I'm not too worried about it. Left is a picture of Lily in her crib with her 3 bears, her arm under the blanket is around all three, and her duck that she uses as a pillow. I took this picture and was trying to be stealthy, but she opened her eyes right when I clicked it, I didn't pose her like this.
Another project this week has been painting our old dresser. Jared and I got a new dresser for our room, thanks to my parents Christmas gift certificate to Ikea, and so we're fixing up our old ugly one and moving it into Lily's room. We're painting it white with pink knobs, I'll put up an after picture, I didn't think of doing a before, dang it. Jared's been busy with work this week, so I've been working on the dresser and just doing little bits at a time, so it's taking like a week
when it's actually only a few hours of work.
Jared also put in a new cat door in the garage. Now they can go through one door out to the garage to get their food and litter box, and then another door through the wall to the side yard. The cats are happy and so are we.
I love our new dresser in our room and it's making me excited to work on our bedroom next. We need curtains, side tables, paint for one wall, lamps, and I'm going to make an upholstered headboard, I'm excited.
We've also had another new and exciting addition to our little family, this one brings a little tear
to my eye just thinking about it. It's a new vacuum!!! Actually, it's so much more than a vacuum, it's a Kirby Sentria Cleaning System! It's my birthday present that I finally got (birthday is in November). We finally found one for a good price on craigslist, it's only a year old, and was at least $1800 when it was first purchased, we didn't pay anywhere near that. I spent a couple hours vacuuming on Saturday, moving furniture and everything, and boy is it amazing! It has a gazillion of cool attachments (a massage, anyone?), and even turns into a carpet shampooer. I love it, it works soooooo well. Lily even likes it (I had to suck up her bears paws with the hose after did it to her little hand), and she would actually cry when we'd vacuum with our old one.
to my eye just thinking about it. It's a new vacuum!!! Actually, it's so much more than a vacuum, it's a Kirby Sentria Cleaning System! It's my birthday present that I finally got (birthday is in November). We finally found one for a good price on craigslist, it's only a year old, and was at least $1800 when it was first purchased, we didn't pay anywhere near that. I spent a couple hours vacuuming on Saturday, moving furniture and everything, and boy is it amazing! It has a gazillion of cool attachments (a massage, anyone?), and even turns into a carpet shampooer. I love it, it works soooooo well. Lily even likes it (I had to suck up her bears paws with the hose after did it to her little hand), and she would actually cry when we'd vacuum with our old one.Anyway, that's it for us for last week, hopefully I'll have more by the end of this week. I have a Dr's appt tomorrow morning, maybe something exciting will happen, and I also finally got a playgroup together starting this week. Yahoo!
3 comments:
I love the color of Lily's room. Cute bed too! Congrats on the vacuum. That is awesome.
This child is my favorite person on the face of the earth!!--grandma
Her room looks really cute! I always forget the before pictures.. they are usually "well, already in process but at the beginning" pictures.
Post a Comment