Annie has always liked to eat dirt. Since she was tiny she sucked on any shoe she could get her paws on. One day we had talked about how she used to do that and now she's a big girl she doesn't (she totally does, I was trying some tricky parenting) and then later, I caught her licking the windowsill. I was grossed out and she said in her little voice "I still like eating dirt."
She loves to dress up in her Elsa outfit, here she is with some really fancy face paint from a Frozen birthday party (This is her serious, "I'm actually a magical princess" pose).
Whilst driving to go on a hike with the family we drove through a rain storm and we saw a rainbow. Lily and Jack were discussing what type of treasure is at the end of the rainbow, Jack thought silver, Lily said a pot of gold. Annie excitedly said "Maybe it's Peeps at the end of the rainbow!"
This is a picture she drew on my phone titled "A Hedgehog in the Wind."
This is her posing after wading out into the river and getting her tights muddy. She dresses herself in the craziest outfits, but man, she is unbelievably beautiful.
Annie gives the best hugs in the whole world. Other people have even commented on how great they are. One lady at church bore her testimony about how little Annie Burrough gave her an amazing hug. She squeezes so hard she shakes. She has also figured out how to hold her breath and make her face turn all crazy and red. She did it the other day and I pointed out how her neck veins were popping out (the same veins that pop out all crazy when she's having a hilarious temper tantrum). She held her neck and said "Oh no! My head will come off!"
The other day we were going to make Muddy Buddies (the Chex treats) and I said "OK, lets get the mud for the Muddy Buddies." I happened to have a bowl of mud because I had harvested a bunch of kale with the roots on and soaked them in water so they wouldn't wilt. I picked up the bowl and started to act normal, like we were going to put the Chex in the mud. Her face was the sweetest, saddest thing I've ever seen, I soooo wish that I had it on video. She was horrified and devastated. I laughed and told her the truth, she didn't really think it was funny.
For her birthday we had a rainbow party, which I feel suits her personality so well.
I made this super, awesome punch piñata. You punch the tissue paper color circles and behind it is a prize!
She requested a fancy rainbow pony tail.
We made an awesome birthday shirt.
She had some great little friends come. We did a fun treasure hunt and made rainbow wind socks with paper plates and streamers.
I made an amazing cake. Annie and I painted the rainbow with her name and the #4 (just like her shirt!) with food paints, it had rainbow sprinkles, rainbow candles, a cool texture in the frosting.
And it was rainbow inside!!!! It was also really delicious. It might be my favorite cake ever.
Here is her birthday survey:
What's your favorite color? Rainbows
Favorite animal? Snakes
Favorite TV Show? Paw Patrol
Favorite Movie? Strawberry Shortcake
Favorite Music? Let it Go (Frozen)
Favorite Food? Pizza
Favorite Hobby? Riding my scooter
Favorite Dessert? Banana Swirl
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Mommy
She requested a fancy rainbow pony tail.
We made an awesome birthday shirt.
She had some great little friends come. We did a fun treasure hunt and made rainbow wind socks with paper plates and streamers.
I made an amazing cake. Annie and I painted the rainbow with her name and the #4 (just like her shirt!) with food paints, it had rainbow sprinkles, rainbow candles, a cool texture in the frosting.
And it was rainbow inside!!!! It was also really delicious. It might be my favorite cake ever.
Here is her birthday survey:
What's your favorite color? Rainbows
Favorite animal? Snakes
Favorite TV Show? Paw Patrol
Favorite Movie? Strawberry Shortcake
Favorite Music? Let it Go (Frozen)
Favorite Food? Pizza
Favorite Hobby? Riding my scooter
Favorite Dessert? Banana Swirl
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment