Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Holidays and Other Winter Happenings

Thanksgiving this year was fun and different, and different can be good.  This was Hannah's and her family's first year in Utah, so they decided to host Thanksgiving at their house.  It was a really relaxed, easy day.  I cooked much less stuff than usual and the kids went to play with Grandma and Papa, so Jared and I just kind of relaxed most of the day, it was really nice.  Hannah's house was lovely and we ate lots of great food.  This was a fun fort we built on Thanksgiving.
 We ate popcorn and read books (Mrs Piggle Wiggle, one of my favorites when I was a kid.)

This Christmas I tried to keep things a little more low key.  Jared bought all of our presents online and I really didn't do any shopping except for stocking stuffers.  We did the usual crafts and cooking projects and the usual decorations.  Jack's participated in the first grade Christmas program, which is adorable, but also fills me with rage because of the amazing levels of rudeness that only comes out when a person's kid is involved (see also: zoo's, easter egg hunts, fairs, etc)
 Christmas morning, June slept in pretty late.


Here is Jack nibbling some stocking candy.
Lily and Jack got blow dart guns.  Jared had to blow the kid's minds with how hard he can blow a dart and nailed Lily right in the forehead.  You can see the circle.
Annie asked for a Darth Vader costume, I have no idea why.  It was pretty adorable, anyway.

The best part of Christmas morning was when Jack wanted to do some service and went out and shoveled our neighbor's sidewalks and driveway.  Jared helped him for a bit, but Jack did most of it.  It was so sweet, it was the best present that I received.  (Although Jared bought me some lovely wind chimes which I love.)
Sometime after Christmas we had a great day sledding with Hannah's family.

At Bicentennial Park in Provo there is a canal that runs through the top.  We were there after a fresh snow and it had made a beautiful tunnel of snow.

 June had a fun time, for a little while...
...and then she was over it.
It was fun anyway.
The rest of the winter has been long and boring.  Just before the new year we went to the Utah Museum of Natural History, which was fun.

We got a membership to the new aquarium, it's a fun place.

 There was a Basilisk Lizard that the kids have seen on the TV show "Wild Kratts".  They were a little overly excited about it and this series of pictures cracks me up.
...and the terrified lizard staring directly at them.


We went to the circus.  There were elephants, tigers, Elsa's hanging from ropes, motorcycles, clowns, cute little dogs doing tricks, etc.  It was great and we had lots of fun.
We went to free day at the zoo with a bunch of friends.  It was crowded but really nice to be out.

There's been a lot of time laying around on couches.
One day we saw a moose and calf out side of our house, it was very exciting.
I have such a cute little family.

No comments: