Jared had a work conference in Orlando and I decided to tag along. We were there for pretty much 4 days and Jared was busy with work stuff for two of them.
Me being me, I kept trying to find stuff to do instead of just being satisfied with relaxing at the hotel. I had a whole list of things I wanted to do, but nothing worked out, so I was really frustrated.
Once I finally left the resort I realized that I hate Orlando and the resort was the nicest place I could have been. We stayed at the Hyatt Resort. The room was beautiful, there was a pitch n putt course, boats on the lake, tons of cool amenities. It was crazy nice.
The pool area was amazing. Here was a small part of it. There was even a water-slide and we made use of it late at night until security came.
I really wanted to see an alligator in the wild. There was this little sign by the lake, but I unfortunately didn't see one.
We went to Universal Studios. It was fun, but we both came to the realization that we're not theme park people. We both got sick on the rides, the crowds were annoying, it was hot, the food is gross, it was a struggle. By the last day, after days and days of frustration, we just decided to just relax and try to have fun, which we did. The best part was for sure the Harry Potter area. This is Hogwarts. It was really, really cool inside. I did the ride by myself because Jared's tummy was upset.
This is Jared with a frozen butter beer and a pumpkin juice. It was pretty tasty.
Here we are in Hogsmeade.
This is Jared trying out a seat for a ride. His little legs are hanging down and it just seems so ridiculous.
Here I am in the Jurassic Park area. It was a good time. I have to say that I was pretty brave about the rides, because I am definitely not a roller coaster person.
The whole trip was a good learning experience. I learned that I don't want to tag along on any business trips again. I do like to be able to decide what I want to do. I don't like theme parks in general. I do like quiet, natural, peaceful environments. I'm more comfortable in the Holiday Inn than a 5 star resort, plus, free breakfast! No time share presentations, EVER. Don't let weird or rude people ruin your trip. Jared is too old for roller coasters. Mostly, I need to work really hard on relaxing.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
You two are too awesome for Orlando. Good night, I love you peeps!
Post a Comment