Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is great, and one of my favorite holidays; although when I think about it, it seems like I say that about all of the holidays (except the 4th of July, which always seems to bug me, maybe it's too hot). The thing that I like about Thanksgiving is that for the last several years it's been the designated holiday to spend with all of my family. I also like that besides cooking all day, over-eating, and being greatful for stuff, there's really not much to it.
Hannah and Eric came from Denver. We just took it easy and hung out, which is nice, especially since I was sick. Here are the boys of the family (except Stoney).

We made gum drop turkeys.

We attempted to simplify this year; we didn't get out my Grandmother's china and we tried to cut out some of our traditional foods, but in the end we couldn't leave anything out and made about as much food as we usually do, which is fine, too. I made a superb caramel apple cheesecake that I still day-dream about.

We sure love that little Baby Cate, she's so serious, it's funny. The kids love to play with her and make her laugh. Here they all are in the bath.

Pretty great family, we are.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I'm still irked that I didn't get to try the cheesecake. My birthday is in March, you know. Thanks for the updates!