when we left California, then we went to Arizona and spent a couple days getting all of our stuff out of our house, then all the way up to Utah where we have been unpacking millions of boxes. It's frustrating and tiring and I'm ready to get back into our regular routine. I love routines and schedules, I'm a huge dork.
The kids did surprisingly well during the move. Lily was happy to help pack boxes although she said she didn't want to leave California. They both have been very happy to see the toys that have been packed up in boxes for 6 months or longer, it's like a huge Christmas.
In California when we packed the trailer, we barely had room for
everything and it was packed unbelievably tight. In Arizona, we packed up our 26 foot truck just as tightly. The drive to Utah went smoothly, except when we got to Kanab to spend the night. We got there late, after 10pm and every restaurant in town was closed, including the McDonald's and Wendy's drive-through's. We ended up feeding the kids nasty gas station burritos and I was so frustrated after a long week that I about cried.
everything and it was packed unbelievably tight. In Arizona, we packed up our 26 foot truck just as tightly. The drive to Utah went smoothly, except when we got to Kanab to spend the night. We got there late, after 10pm and every restaurant in town was closed, including the McDonald's and Wendy's drive-through's. We ended up feeding the kids nasty gas station burritos and I was so frustrated after a long week that I about cried.The kids loved the moving truck, it was so big and bouncy and had a dragonfly on it, that any time they started getting antsy or grumpy, we'd put them in there for awhile and they were cheerful for the drive.

We're very happy to be back in Utah, we're here for my very favorite time of year. The changing leaves and fresh produce and can't be beat, although a couple days after getting here it got very cold, it's been in the 50's, something that we're definitely not used to. We're all very excited to be back with Grandma and Papa, and the kids have been spending all there time with them.
Although I might complain about moving, I've realized that I actually get antsy and like a change of scene, so who knows where we'll be a couple years from now.
3 comments:
Yay! Let's play! I have a new favorite salad at the hard disk - fire cracker chicken salad... I think it might be better than the old buffalo chicken salad!
We miss you guys and are glad to hear the move went well. I have cd's of summer pics all ready to mail to you but haven't had time to go to the post office. I will try to do that this weekend. Kylie talks about Lily all the time. Today she told me she wanted to invite her to a performance she's going to be in.
To Oklahoma? I hope, I hope, I hope!
Post a Comment