Thursday, May 7, 2009

Catch up

I have a lot of stuff to catch up on, and the next couple of weeks are going to be very, very crazy, so I'm going to try to catch up on everything because I don't know when the next time I will be able to post.
First off, little Jacky-boy and Lily-lou got their first hair cuts! It was definitely time, Jack's hair was really long and it got tangle-y in the back all the time and a lady at the store thought he was a girl. I went and took professional pictures so that I could always remember his luxurious curls and then went to a salon for kids. It didn't seem right that Jack would get his first haircut before Lily's first hair cut, so we got Lily a little trim, too. Neither of them had very much cut off, but it was still very exciting. Jack looks so different, it really does feel like he's not a baby anymore.
Now on to our Utah trip. So after Jared got laid off we went to Utah to look for jobs and to just get away for awhile. I realised that it's Utah in April and it could get cold, and I thought that I had prepared. I was ready for some chilly nights but not for snow and freezing temperatures almost the entire two weeks that we were there. Here are a couple pictures of us when we were freezing cold.
We had lots of fun just playing around the house, here are the kids on a rocking horse. Here we are when we went to play disc golf with my sister and now official Brother-in-law, John.
We went to a dinosaur museum with some our friends Charlie and Big Jack, which was great because Lily's been on a dinosaur kick recently. I don't know what's going on with her face is, but it's hilarious.
Jared wanted me to put this up. This isn't a great picture, but we took it and now I'm posting it because seeing the changes that they're making at the Hoover dam feels completely historic. Look it up online if you haven't seen it, it's absolutely amazing. The road has always gone over the damn, but now they're building this enormous bridge that goes across the entire canyon, it's actually awesome. It's like I'm experiencing a real-life Modern Marvels episode. This is dorky, but if you want to see some real pictures, go here: http://www.hooverdambypass.org/The day after we got back my sister Hannah came to visit. It was really fun even though we were lazy and boring. Here are Lily and Hannah doing stretches and working on a Easter bunny pom-pom project.
After a couple days the kids got sick and by the end of her trip we were all puking. It was no good. There was about 2 solid weeks of sickness in our house. Once Lily sprayed alphabet noodles all over the wall and carpet, it was fun to make words while I spent 30 minutes cleaning it up. Then that night Jack threw up tons and tons of blueberries. It was dark and at first I thought it was blood because it was this dark red liquid gushing out of his mouth and all over. I ended up throwing away my shirt. I think we did about 158 loads of laundry in a couple days.
Here is Jack drunk on robin eggs on Easter. It was great, we had a little Easter egg hunt in our back yard, it was fun since we couldn't go anywhere because we were barfing.

Jack is getting better at his baby signs and is doing "more" and "all done" and today he yelled "Mall" after I yelled at Jamal-cat. He's doing cute baby dances a lot.

Lily has been prefacing every statement by saying very dramatically "Mom, I know something!" or "Mom, I want to tell you something" or "Mom, I want to talk to you". When I say equally dramatically "What?!", she sits there and tries to think of something, and usually it's "I want to go to the park!".

I just remembered a bunch more hilarious stories that I want to post, so I guess I'll have to put up another one sooner than I thought. In case you're wondering why I'm going to be busy, it's because we're moving in 2 weeks. Probably to California. I started packing up boxes, and I've been cleaning the house extra because our house is now officially up for sale. We have a sign and everything. So there you go, sorry this felt so rushed. I really wish that we could spend some more time together, me and you (blog-readers). Soon enough...

4 comments:

Liz said...

wow, that's sucks that you all were sick...nothing worse then kids throw up:( Jack looks so big!!and am so excited you guys are coming out!!

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

Your kids are so cute!

Jen said...

Greg just asked me today why we don't have any friends in California!!! WOOHOO!!! ROAD TRIP!!!

Shauna said...

I'm so confused. I thought you were moving in with your mom?