Annie....sigh.....What can I say about Annie? She's beautiful, insane, stubborn, hilarious, smart, generous, kind, sweet and completely exhausting.
Her hair has grown longer, but still is straight on the top and very curly underneath. She's grown quite a bit taller and has thinned out significantly in the last few months. She still has marvelously squishy, velvety cheeks.
She still has maintained her status as "The Destroyer". She's the biggest mess-maker by far. Tonight I found gum on the floor in the kitchen. She likes to peel off wallpaper anywhere she can find it. She cut my seedlings. She carved a hole in the wall with her little, pointy fingers. I don't know why she does these things, just for kicks, I suppose.
One adorable and frustrating thing is how she follows the example of the big kids. This can be great, like when she dances around with Lily. This can be bad when she picks up the mean things that Jack says. She started saying she hates things, but uses it way too frequently about things she mildly dislikes and says it in the most angry way, like "I HATE water" or "I HATE socks", sometimes "I HATE Junie". She also started saying "Hell-LO!" in that sassy teen way. Once we were playing animals, I was a horse, but I guess I was supposed to be a tiger and she said "MOM, You're not a horse! Hell-LOOO!" Another one is "No reason". Jack says this when he's tattling on Lily or Dad and he cries "Lily pushed me for NO REASON!" which usually means that she had a good reason to do it. Annie has picked this up and clearly doesn't understand what it means. She's started singing the "No Reason" song and just makes up her own little tune, singing "No reason, no reason! I dance like a butterfly. In the flowers. For no reason, no reason!"
Tonight at dinner, out of the blue she said "Thank you Mommy for making delicious food for the whole family." It was so sweet and adorable.
She fell asleep on the floor when she was supposed to be taking a nap.
She loves making jello and we do it just about every day. One day she gave Jack all of her jello because he wanted seconds but we were out. She said she did it because he was her best friend and she loved him. I could tell Jack felt a little bad about this, because he's usually so mean.
She finds bugs all the time and declares them her "little friend", even tiny gnats. Here she is with some Roley Polies.
Annie has always liked to lick shoes since she was a baby. She eats handfuls of dirt. One day while sitting on the floor, slowly licking the bottom of the shoe, I yelled at her to stop and she said "But Mom, shoes is yummy!"
She's completely obsessed with the movie, Frozen. She knows all the words to the songs. She has an Elsa doll and dress-ups. I bought it for her for Christmas and somehow lucked out, because they're impossible to get these days and are selling on eBay now for a ton of money.
Annie flip flopped back and forth for weeks on what type of birthday party she wanted. It was between a mermaid party and a My Little Pony party. We eventually went with the ponies, since it was a lot easier to find pony stuff, especially since we already have a gazillion ponies.
Here she is asleep after a Cheez-It binge.
I made fantastic monstrosity of a cake. Hannah and Eric had just barely arrived from Denver the day before the party. When Eric saw the cake while it was still under construction, we all laughed at how ugly it was and he said "I'm so happy I'm here to see this." It was hilarious. I managed to get it all glued together with frosting and camouflaged the ugliest parts with cotton candy. It was pretty awesome.
Here is her birthday survey (this is just about exactly as she said it):
What's your favorite color? Pink and purple and red and pink
Favorite animal? Jaguar
Favorite TV Show? Peppa Pig and Dora and Blues Clues
Favorite Movie? Frozen
Favorite Music? Let It Go
Favorite Food? Pizza and Noodles
Favorite Hobby? Running through sprinklers and talking to Lily in her bed
Favorite Dessert? Ice cream cones and cookies
What do you want to be when you grow up? A scooter racer and pink motorcycle racer
She's a pretty great kid.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment