Monday, March 11, 2013

Lily Turns 7!

My baby girl is so grown up.  Look at how beautiful she is.
 She's such a great big sister.  She helps out all the time with never a complaint.  She plays with Annie, is so kind to Jack (even when he's being a turd), and is so thoughtful and helpful to everyone. I honestly could not ask for anything more.

When I meet people at church for the first time, several times people will say something like "Oh, you're Lily's mom!  She's so wonderful!"  One lady said that the first time she taught Lily's primary class, she knew right away that Lily was the oldest kid, because she was so kind and helpful to the other kids.  While on a walk, another lady we didn't know said "hello" to Lily, then stopped Jared and I to tell us how much she liked her and how polite she had been while at her friends house to play.  I'm so proud of her.

Here she is this summer before her front teeth grew in.
 I just went to her parent/teacher conference, where her teacher also told me that she's secretly one of her favorites.  Her teacher laughed because when Lily is supposed to be working on something, and gets distracted, she hits herself on the head with her pencil to make her concentrate.  She does it at home all the time when she's supposed to be doing her homework.  She gets distracted easily and sometimes it takes an hour.  An HOUR!  For first grade homework!  This is her school picture.
She brings home stuff from school that sometimes cracks me up so much.  This one was a moose from around Christmas time, I think it's written in Ebonics.  This is what it says:
"Write about a time when something was not so perfectly perfect.  Tell how you solved the problem.
I wontid my tooth to cum awt of my mowf.
then my mom tode me to twist it and it cam awt."
This is Lily's version of the Mona Lisa, I think it's beautiful.
Here is Lily's birthday interview:

What's your favorite color?
Favorite animal?  Unicorn/Pegasus
Favorite TV show? Jake and the Neverland Pirates
Favorite Movie? Aristocats
Favorite Food? Pizza
Favorite Hobby? Make things
Favorite Dessert? Cake
What do you want to be when you grow up? Horse Rider
 Lily's birthday was a rainbow/unicorn party.  I made a rainbow cake.
We made unicorn horns, had a treasure hunt, made rainbow necklaces, played "pin the horn on the unicorn", opened presents and ate tons of sugar and food coloring.
 
 I also made some rainbow popcorn, which was kind of a Pinterest fail, and also rainbow ice cubes to put in Sprite.  Over all it was a fun party.
  Love that kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that girl, too!