Monday, August 31, 2009

Latest Developements

I recently finally got around to making a couple blog books and I had a great time reading through some of my oldest posts from 2007. There were so many things that I had forgotten about. I've never kept a journal, let alone a journal specifically for my kids, and I'm no good at keeping up on a baby book and I'm not into scrapbooks so this blog is pretty much it.
(Pictures are after eating chocolate pudding and in the stroller is after ice cream pops)
Jack has been changing a lot in the last month or two, not in major milestones, but in his general habits. He's playing by himself more, coming up with games, playing with Lily, that kind of thing. This dinosaur hat is one of his favorite things. When he put it on, he turned to try and look at it and spun around about 3 times like a puppy. Some of the new things he's doing is tiptoeing, running and a lot of climbing. Today he said "See ya" after I hung up the phone with Grandma. At the store, while holding frozen juice he said "Cooooooold" for the first time. This adds to his regular repertoire of "Daddy", "Cool", "All done", "night night", "bye bye" and of course, meowing very loudly. He does animal sounds but they all sound like growls and he growls when he takes bites. Make note of how he bites the apple in the video below.
Lily, motivated by change I give her so that she can buy gumballs, has become very helpful around the house. She's always been pretty helpful, but now really enjoys setting the table, cleaning mirrors or glass doors, putting away clothes. Something else that should be remembered is that she loves this killer whale souvenir from SeaWorld and sleeps with every night. She also loves the "Family Song" which is "Families can be together forever" and the other night while singing it we sang "I always want to be with my own family" and she added musically "and Shamu". (Pictures are of Lily smiling with a mouthful of something and laying in a little sandbox that we have on our porch.)
Anyway, other than that, we're having a good time. We have only 3 weeks left. I'm in a bit of a panic because I'm thinking all the time about how I can use up all of our pantry food and canned goods. Any suggestions on how to use 10 cans of Tuna and a bunch of Tomato Paste?

6 comments:

Eric Petersen said...

Great blog, but I'm a little concerned that you let your kids (Lilly) take naps in the litter box : )

Anonymous said...

OH, I cannot wait to get my hands on those kids! The house is NOT ready. What will I do? I had such good intentions of having everything done before you arrived. Well, we'll adapt. mom--

Jennifer said...

I Love your blog! It is great to see all the fun things my friends do with their families. I wish I could have gotten my older two to dive in the water at age 3! BTW I have searched the house over to find my kids asleep hiding under their beds.

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

how cool..Mason loved watching lily jump in the water

Sunny said...

DID YOU SEE THAT?!? So freaking cute. I can't wait to see you guys again.

Gina said...

I miss you. Thanks for posting videos of Jacky that make me want to commit suicide. Perfect.